Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Week in Paradise - Saturday

DAY TWO

Today was a simple relaxing day. I lounged most of the morning. Around noon my family decided it was finally time to go down to the beach.

At the beach, I walked up and down the shoreline to get some good video clips and take some nice pictures. The sky was beautiful and the water was the clear blue that I can only find in Bermuda. The pink sand was the perfect mix of soft and warm. It was the perfect scenery.


After walking around a little bit, my mom and I went around to find sea glass... And we found a lot. Further down on the beach is an area full of vegetation and rocks. Once at this point, I climbed on to the rocks for a picture. 

We then walked back to where our chairs were placed. The beach was almost completely empty. So using a cute little speaker, we played the playlist "Beach Party" off Spotify. I sat and read my book. I read about one hundred pages of Girl Online by Zoe Sugg. I am so enraptured by her writing. It really is quite good. 

While I was sitting and reading, my dad and brother were jumping waves. They looked like they were having so much fun as they attempted (and failed) to not be taken over by the waves. A few new people had come down to enjoy the beach by this time. One of the men had come down with who I assumed were his wife, his daughter, and her children. He seemed to want to go out and join my brother and father, but something was holding him back... Also another family with two young kids had come to join in on the fun. They played in the sand digging holes with their dad. All of them looked so happy enjoying the sun. 

Around three o'clock, we left the beach. We met my older brother at the condo as he just arrived. Then we went to Swizzle Inn. This is a place that my family has gone to for years. Every time we come to Bermuda we eat here at least once. My mom and I shared a chicken quesadilla which was delicious. For dessert, I had an Oreo milkshake. My mother and brother shared a peach and apple tart which I may or may not have had a bite of...



After dinner, I went to bed because for some reason the beach always tires me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment